I couldn’t have joined EO Accelerator at a better time.
In 2014, my co-founder and I decided to hire our first employees. It had been just the two of us up to that point — until we realized we couldn’t handle all the work required to run a growing business if we didn’t hire. Now we were about to hire fresh college graduates who were entrusting us with the beginning of their careers — and livelihoods!
I started my EO journey with an introduction to EO through Jon Crandall. I spent 3 years in accelerator and grew my business, TekDoc from 450k to 1 million in 3 years. The learning days gave me a chance to get out of my day to day routine and focus on my business versus in my business. My first learning day I spent constantly on my phone, checking my email and fielding client calls. Fast forward 3 years later, I am am able to be at more peace with myself and realize that the business does not need my constant attention to flourish and continue to grow.
Today we have 17 employees with 2.5M in revenue and our office is located in Peabody, MA. We offer outsourced IT solutions to small and medium businesses in Boston and Boston’s North Shore.
In my personal life, I have 3 wonderful dogs, Kiera, Luna, and Meatball. I enjoy spending my time in the outdoors, skiing, hiking, and boating.
I can say without a doubt that one of the primary reasons why our professional services and consulting firm rose from $450,000 to $2.5M yearly revenue since our 2010 start is because of EO and the Accelerator Program. Before EO, my world in business was limited to the confines of my primary circles of influence in A/E/C (Architecture/Engineering/Construction) world. In addition, I had never had formal training in business. I was good at what I did but running a business was a brand new responsibility. I had joined EO just after starting Highpoint Engineering in 2010 with my business partner. Our professional services firm that specializes in Private Sector Commercial Land Development projects was born out of the 2008 recession. My business partner and I had just dumped our 401k Retirement assets to self-fund Highpoint. The Accelerator Program was introduced to me by one of our Vendors that was an EO member, Bill Fistori. I interviewed for Accelerator and the rest is history. For a few years I went to all the EO Learning days for Strategy, Money, People and Sales. I enrolled in the mentoring sessions and met great EO members that were willing to share their time to those that we interested in growing their business. I went to EO events that allowed interaction with other business owners outside my normal circles. All in all, without EO Accelerator I am positive our firm would not be as successful.
To point out a few “golden nuggets” I can list some that came directly from EO:
- Hiring our Office Manager. Yes, we had increased OH expense but it freed me up and our revenue doubled. – EO Mentoring Session
- Creating rules around our Accounts Receivables – EO Money Day
- Conducting internal metrics for Sales and Business Development – EO Mentoring Session
- Creating succinct Roles and Responsibilities for our staff – EO People Day
- Identifying our Core Values of our firm and how to make decisions around them. – EO Strategy Day
- Understanding Sales is about solving the pain of your clients – EO Sales Day
- Creating processes and structure for our accounting systems – EO Mentoring Session
- The power of our Referral Network – EO Sales Day
- Conducting offsite Planning sessions with my Partner – EO Strategy Day
- Learning about tools and techniques that I didn’t even knew existed – Every EO Learning Day